Saturday, October 13, 2012

My Favorite Things: Boots




You know what we haven't talked about yet?

Boots.

I really don't know how we got this far without discussing them.

Boots are very near and dear to my heart. I'm the girl who wears them until July. I'm not gonna lie; they're kind of the backbone of my wardrobe. I'm also very loyal to my boots. I wear them until they literally cannot be worn any more. The heels have to break off or the soles have to slip off before I let a pair go.

In my move of epic proportions, I had to leave a pair or two at home, but I do have some of my favorite pairs here with me.

First up I have my black M&S boots. I got these in London about four years ago when I was studying abroad there. It was a day that started out sunny and then began pouring down rain. Naturally, I was in flats. So I ran into Marks and Spencer (M&S) and literally grabbed these off the rack. I've been wearing them incessantly ever since.



Then theres my Frye boots. These babies have been with me since freshman year of college. I found them after stalking them on ebay for... longer than I'd like to admit. Long story short, I got a pair of (admittedly used) $300 pair of boots for just over $100. Then they arrived and, miraculously, they fit me perfectly. And when I say perfectly I mean I'm pretty sure those clouds in that pixar short made them and the storks delivered them to my door. They really are the most perfect stacked heel boots a girl could hope for. They've worn in so nicely, with those fantastic slouches around the ankle that make me feel like Lauren Hutton or Angelica Huston circa 1970 (AKA freakin' fabulous).

Finally there are my Madewell boots. These were a birthday present from my grandparents, Grandma & Bumpa. My grandma loves shoe shopping, so I sent her pictures through the selection process, which might have been the most fun part. I knew I needed flat riding boots for the day when heels were just a little too much. I went to Madewell because I love their clean style (and I like to pretend I can afford beautiful %50 t shirts), and I was looking for something versatile without too many bells and whistles. Don't get me wrong; I love me some hardware, but it has it's time and place, y'know? Anywho, I saw these, tried them on, and fell instantly. The leather is beautiful and soft and they make a satisfying click. I started calling them my Han Solo boots because of how kick-ass they make me feel. That, and I wanted to name something after the coolest Harrison Ford character.

The thing that makes me love these boots so much is simple. I love them because they can all go anywhere. They have all been to parties, to work, to class, to family reunions, to Paris, you name it. All of them look amazing with any outfit, are comfortable enough to wear all day, and make me fell, well, fabulous. And isn't that what boots are supposed to be?

No comments:

Post a Comment