Thursday, October 25, 2012

Makin' It Happen: Smashbook

Hi; I'm Katie and I'm addicted to scrapbooking.


No really though, I just finished my first scrapbook this week and I'm obsessed. Theres something deeply satisfying about taking paper and glue and making something adorable and, hopefully, worth treasuring. 

Today, while out on a grocery run, my roommate and I stopped my Michaels (cuz why not?) and I found this:



That's right kids; It's my first Smashbook.

I guess that means I'm finally a woman. 



Smashbook is a line of scrapbooks designed to be, well, smashed together. That is, it's not meant to be a particular style or theme but a conglomerate of scrapbooking bits and pieces. It's like a spiral-bound notebook but the pages are all cute and ready to be decorated. 



I'm going to use my Smashbook as a personal challenge: fill it up in the next 52 weeks. Hopefully, setting aside time every week or so to craft, create and look at old pictures will help keep me inspired. 

Here's to hobbies!

No comments:

Post a Comment