Thursday, December 13, 2012

Not-Great Habits



So I bite my nails.


Ive stopped a few times for a few months at a time, but sooner or later I start again. They'll be nice and long and elegant, but one day I'll just be sitting watching tv and look down only to find I've absentmindedly bitten off my hard work.



But not this time.

This time, I'm going to make it stick.

A family friend once told me that he's always thought that being your nails means you're afraid to grow up. These words have stuck with me. I think they're true, too. I mean, I'm terrified to be a grown up and avoid it when possible. That doesn't mean I want my hands to look mangled and sad anymore, you know?

So this is the month that it all stops. I'm going to keep them painted and neat, maybe put that gross tasting stuff on them if I need to. Here's my starting point, and by next month I'll have long, healthy nails. Or at least I'm going to try.





What about you? Do you have any habits you're trying to break?


1 comment:

  1. It must run in the family, as I do the exact same thing! Just had a TV watching nail disappearing day last week. I have one trick that works that I may or may not be giving you on Friday : )

    ReplyDelete