Friday, September 14, 2012

My Favorite Things: Bracelets

I'm one of those people who buys a pair of ballet flats and wears them until they literally fall apart.

The same goes for my bracelets. I find bracelets I like for every day and I just never take them off.

Like these ones:



I love these. I literally never take them off. I got each of them with people I love, and they remind me of them. They also help me remember to look for the color and the brightness in life. As cheesy as that sounds, I need that reminder sometimes.

I got the two leather ones with my friend KZacher. She's my big sis in my sorority and a huge part of my college experience and me being who I am. They remind me of the ties i made in college and how true friendship can be.

The burgundy and red ones I got with my cousin in Paris. She's one of the most important people I know, and I have the good luck to share blood with her. The colors stand for hope and strength, two things I needed and didn't have at the time I got them. I think of her and how important she is to me and how much I admire her every time I glance at my wrist.

I love the colors and how these pieces stack, but for me jewelry has a more important place. The pieces I hold on to and wear are the ones that resonate with me and have a story.


But the ones I truly love, like these ones, are tied to people I love.



No comments:

Post a Comment