Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Lookin' Good: Travel Kit

Traveling has been a huge part of my summer. As a result, I've gotten pretty good at piecing out the products and bits I need in my tool kit (or makeup bag- potato, potato). Let's take a peek:

 Let's start with the brushes. All I bring is my fluffy powder brush, a blush brush, eyeliner brush, and concealer brush. Basically, my blendyest brushes. Bringing your best tools really does add an element of comfort to traveling (if your'e me, that is). I also always bring tweezers for that errant eyebrow hair or that unforeseen splinter.


I find that keeping it clean on vacation is best; you never know how tan you'll get or how humid it really will be, so why risk bringing buckets of face products? At the end of the day, you're on vacation. So you win no matter what.

Face products are fairly straight forward: just the favorites. I bring my Chanel foundation, Chanel bronzer and Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick for all my facial needs.

face pretties- bronzer, foundation and shimmer brick
The foundation, Chanel's Vitalumiere Aqua Ultra-Light Skin Perfecting Makeup, is deliciously light and smells fantastic. you only need a drop or two for your entire face. Their Soleil Tan de Chanel Bronzing Powder is equally lovely. I have the lightest color,  Desert Coral, so I can use it all year around no matter how pale I get. It's finely milled, so it blends well with blushes or just into my cheeks for a glow. Blush-wise, I love my Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick in Nectar. Its the perfect parts color and shimmer, making me look awake and cheerful, not painted. I've been using my shimmer brick for six or seven years and it's always been the right choice.

eyeliners and eyeshadow
As for eye makeup, I've gotten this down to a science. I bring my two favorite eyeliners and one eyeshadow. Boom. My eyeliners are  both from the Sephora Collection. One is their Kohl Waterproof eyeliner, which is one of my all-time favorite eye pencils. It really lasts and has a creamy texture an deep, dark pigment which I love. When I wear black eyeliner, I want it to be super dark, inky black, not that sad graying black you sometimes see. My other favorite is their Smoky Cream Liner, which comes in a little pot. I use this brush from e.l.f to apply it. It goes on smooth as can be. I'm still practicing with the brush, and on good days I can get a fantastic, liquid-looking cat eye and go full-Joan Holloway.

The eyeshadow is a particularly victorious find. It's Bare Escentuals High Shine Eyecolor in Golden Sand, which comes in a little tube with a sponge applicator. I love it because it travels great with no spillage. Plus, it blends fantastically and can be made more dramatic with layering taking me from day to night in a swipe. So it becomes the best travel or commute option I've fount to date. Oh, and the color is really pretty!

Last, but far from least, perfume. I always bring a bottle. This time, Chanel No. 19 Poudre, which is fresh and fantastic and smells great with that coconut/ sunscreen smell of vacation.

So there you have it- I'm ready to go anywhere now!

chanel




No comments:

Post a Comment