Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Coney Island is Great. And Fishes Too!!!


I went on an adventure this past weekend to the magical land of Coney Island. It was filled with fried food, otters, and random people. You'll see what I mean in a minute.
I went with my Big from college (we were in the same sorority) and we had way too much fun.
Our first stop was Nathan's for some deep fried goodness

I have an obsession with french fries. We have a long and loving history and my love for them never wavers; it's an extension of my devotion to the humble potato. But more about that later.

After filling ourselves with fries, corn dogs, root beer and orange soda (that's right,) we took a stroll on the boardwalk to see what we could find. The best thing was the tiny dancing man, wearing a straw boater, black jazz pants, a black beaded bolero jacker and big white fluffy gloves. You now; as you do.

We also made the excellent life choice of stopping by the New York Aquarium. It reminded me that there are few things I enjoy more than a romp with the fishes. I just love aquariums. here are some of the fishes and animals I got to see!



All in all, it was a great way to spend my last sunday in New York for a while; fishes, friends, and fried food.





And this guy.





No comments:

Post a Comment