Monday, July 16, 2012

My Favorite Things: Nighties


There are few things I love buying more than slips and lacy bits. I have a vast collection. 
victorias secret neglige, etam slip, vintage slip and garter

I run warm, especially at night, so having slips and little sets as pajamas is the BEST. I'm a huge sucker for bows and lace- can ya tell? These are my favorite nighties:

My Vintage Slip: This was snatched from a costume shop donation pile. It's the brightest orange anyone will ever see and I love every second of it. It makes me feel like Joan Holloway. Always a win.

My Victorias Secret Creamy Set: I grabbed this in the begin in got the summer this year in a fit of displeasure with the humidity. I hate most weather in general, but I have an especially low tolerance for heat. It just makes me cranky. Anywho, all of my jambes felt so heavy and confining, so I found this floaty silky matching camp and undies set. It was love at first sight. 

My Garter Belt: This is a random Victorias Secret find. I wasn't looking for a belt at the time, but I came across this little number in the sale pile of all places. Its a longer belt, feels endlessly vintage, and fits me to a T. I don't wear it very often, but its so comfortable, I think I might have to change that habit.

My Black Etam Slip: This is my grow up slip- it's the first piece of French lingerie I bought myself in Paris. I think my favorite activity is lingerie shopping in Paris. I found this in the corner of a little shop and just threw it in for good measure; a black slip aways seems practical. It turns out, like many of my impulse buys, to be one of the most comfortable, beautiful pieces I own. It has tiny lace and pleat detailing and a long simple bow in the front. It feels like luxury and sweet things and a hot cup of tea. 




No comments:

Post a Comment