Thursday, July 19, 2012

Lookin' Good: Mascara

I have big eyes, which is great. I love playing them up, which is even greater. My favorite way is to go dramatic with the lashes. I always have something on my lashes, even if I skip the rest of my makeup. It's amazing
My go-to is mascara, but there's a lot to be said for a set of false lashes. Here are my favorites and some tips:

Mascaras:
Covergirl Lash Blast Fusion: My everyday mascara. I love this one because it coats your lashes but isn't too heavy so it doesn't ruin your curl. It adds tons of volume- my favorite- and comes in a nice inky black. It's also hard to beat the price, so replacing it every three months (which you should definitely be doing,) isn't a problem.



Benefit Bad Gal Lash: This one is defiantly gives me my favorite look. The downside of having such intensity and drama is that, at the end of the day, it's stubborn as hell. It's pretty much impossible not to wake up with some raccoon action. The price also makes this one more of a reach, but if you can swing it and are better about washing your face when you get home than I am, it's a winner. 


Tips:
  • Blast your eyelash curler with your blow dryer for a couple seconds, then use it to curl your lashes while it's still warm. 
  • When applying mascara, be sure to start as close to your eye as possible. 
  • As you move the wand up the lashes, wiggle it back and forth to coat all sides of the lashes. 
  • Flip the wand so it's perpendicular to your lashes to get the outer corners.
  • Don't let your mascara dry all the way between coats- that leads to clumps!
  • Instead of an eyelash comb, wipe off your mascara wand on a tissue and use that to separate your lashes and get rid of any clumps 
Then, you just bat those lashes to your hearts content. Happy fluttering!

No comments:

Post a Comment